How Do ACs Work and Why Do They Need Inspections?
One of these days, you will find yourself on Google typing “AC companies near me”, hoping for a company that will service you in Conroe or Montgomery, TX.
Because ACs need maintenance to make them work in tip-top condition. Despite these products being built to last, there are components inside the AC that need a regular check-up. And you have no other option but to get a technician to get the job done.
Today, we will walk you through how your ACs work and help you understand why regular repair and maintenance are necessary.
How does an AC work?
Your AC has several parts. Despite the make and model, all ACs rely on five major components. These are the refrigerant, compressor, condenser coil, expansion valve, and evaporator coil.
Let us take a look at how each one works.
- Refrigerant – this one is commonly known as Freon. It is the liquid that turns into gas and then back into liquid as it passes through the various coils in the AC. This is what makes the air cool. Without it, the AC is nothing more than just a blower.
- Compressor – this device puts the refrigerant under high pressure, causing it to rise in temperature and then boil. As it gets hotter, the air inside your AC will also get hotter and naturally move out of your room because the temperature outside is colder. During this stage, the refrigerant turns into gas.
- Condenser coil – another set of copper wires that receives the pressure from the compressor. The hot refrigerant passes through tis coil, and then gets cooled by blowers.
- Expansion valve – once the refrigerant has cooled down, it turns back into liquid with the help of the expansion valve. It is the expansion valve the removes the pressure from the refrigerant in its gaseous state, turning it into liquid again.
- Evaporator coil- this is the last step in the process where the coil absorbs the refrigerant and blows the cold air into your room. It is also the evaporator coil that absorbs the heat from your room and blows it outside.
All these parts have to be in tip-top condition, or your AC is going to break down.
What causes a malfunction?
If you search Google for “AC companies near me”, a technician is going to diagnose what caused your AC to break down. Here are the most common reasons.
- Refrigerant – these things last long but will eventually run out
- Coils – the coils can accumulate soot and grime and therefore have to be cleaned
- Wires – some wires can become faulty, especially if you have pests that gnawed in them
Your AC is subject to normal wear and tear. Apart from cleaning the filters, it has to go through regular maintenance by a qualified professional.
With regular check-up, you can avoid massive repair costs. The refrigerant, though, must really be replenished as it slowly evaporates as it changes its state form liquid to gas.
At TCS AC & Heating, we provide premium quality air conditioning repair service in three major areas in Texas. These are Monroe, Montgomery, and Willis. We offer check-up, repair, maintenance, and installation.
With several years of experience in the AC industry, we know how these appliances work, and we have full understanding of how they should be maintained.
Our technicians will give you tips to make your ACs last longer, and also tell you what part of the AC is causing the breakdown.
Give us a call for a free quote; our technicians shall be more than happy to assist you with your AC repair or installation needs.
Copyright 2009-2021. All rights reserved.
Website Design, SEO and support by: Web Design Woodlands